The innovative content and the relevant applicative implications of the research lines proposed by APIS have been able to attract public fundings since the Company’s first year of business.
In fact, since our establishment, the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR) provided 480 KEuro for funding the research project 14/11, whose global cost has been 692 KEuro.
Subsequently, in 2014, the PERSON project, proposed by a partnership with 3 research institutions and other 4 companies, was ranked seventh (out of 120 proposals), and admitted to be funded as part of the regional program in support of smart specialization and social and environmental sustainability of the Puglia Region – “Regional Technology Cluster” Intervention.
The estimated cost of the project is over 2.4 Meuro, whose more than 1.6 Meuro funded by the Puglia Region.
Moreover, in 2017, the Sì-Care Project, proposed by APIS in partenarship with 2 research institutions, 1 medical hospital and other 6 companies, was ranked fourth of 121 proposals) and admitted to be funded as part of the regional program “InnoNetwork”.
The estimated cost of the project is over 2.1 Meuro, whose 1.5 Meuro funded by the Puglia Region.
Other research projects, carried out by the APIS R&D Team as part either of the Polytechnic of Bari or of the CNR, and supported by relevant public funding, for a total of more than 8 Meuro, are:
- Modeling, testing and diagnosis of structures in innovative materials. Project funded by the MIUR to the Polytechnic of Bari as part of the Executive Project 2000-2002, with 3.5 billion Lit.
- Railsafe Security Management of the Armament Rail: Innovative Technologies for Monitoring and Diagnostics. Project funded by the MIUR to the CNR (more than 1 Meuro) as part of the 2002-2006 PON.
- SIRRI3D: Testing and Integration of a system for the detection and 3D reconstruction of infrastructure. Project funded by the MIUR to the CNR (3 Meuro) as part of the Law 297/99.
- Development of a Resonance Detection System in the profiling process and selection of staff. Project funded by the MIUR under the PON FIT notice (DM 24/9/2009) to Polytechnic of Bari (1 Meuro).
- Videoinspection System of pantographs in transit on rail networks. Project funded by the Puglia Region to the Polytechnic of Bari (150 KEuro) under the 2007-2013 POR Puglia.
- Nexmedia-Medical Applications for the foreseeable future. Project funded by the Puglia Region to MASMEC SpA, Polytechnic of Bari (134 keuro) and Tumor Institute “John Paul II” of Bari under the PO FESR 2007-2013.
- PLATINO-Platform for Innovative Services in the Future Internet. Project funded by the MIUR to the Polytechnic of Bari (1 Meuro) as part of the Structural Funds 2007-2013 Europeans PON.
- PreCIOUS-PREdictive Computer aIded scOring sUpport SystemProject funded by the Puglia Region to the Polytechnic of Bari (135 KEuro), Intervention “Regional Technology Cluster”.